Instrument flight course: IR(A)
We will contact you and provide you with all the information you need
Discover and enjoy a new way of flying in this instrument flight course.
The objective of this course is to teach pilots all the knowledge required to obtain IR rating to fly under IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC).
We offer training on single-engine IR(A) SEP, and multi-engine IR(A) MEP aeroplanes. We also offer transition courses so pilots with IR(A) SEP can obtain the IR(A) MEP.
You should demonstrate theoretical knowledge in the following subjects:
- Aeronautical laws
- General aircraft knowledge - Instruments
- Flight performance and planning
- Human factors
- Radio navigation
- IFR Communications
If you have previously passed the “ATPL modular theory” you will not need this theory training.
- 35 hours in FNTPII simulator.
- 15 hours of single-engine flight.
- 40 hours in FNTPII simulator.
- 15 hours of multi-engine flight.
Transition course IR(A) SEP to IR(A) MEP
- 3 hours in FNTPII simulator.
- 2 hours of multi-engine flight.
- You must have a PPL or CPL licence in the corresponding aircraft category (SEP or MEP).
- A minimum of 50 cross-country flight hours as pilot in command.
- Class 1 or 2 medical certificate (with instrument flight rating).
- Night flight rules rating (Night VFR) if IR rating is needed for night flights.
The best pilot school for your career
Over 80 years in aviation
At an international airport